Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ER with Carson

So today was our first trip to the ER with Carson. Well our first trip for injury with either of our kids. Today Carson was playing peek a boo with a blanket and get turned around and fell. Unfortunately he fell right on our cement fireplace. It instantly bled and was split wide open. I was a bit frazzled you could say and I called the doctor who told us to take him to the ER. The tricky part was that Chad had our car and I had Jana. (Our car does not hold 3 car seats and for that matter I don't think I wanted to go to the ER with 3 kids. So Chad came home our neighbor was nice enough to bring him back to school and my wonderful sis in law came to the rescue and watched Mason and Jana while we were gone. Long story short. Took 30 mins b/c of traffic to get there, sat around for almost 2 hours (mind you they wouldn't let me feed him), finally saw a doctor and he put 3 stitches in Carson's lip. It sure could have been worse. They were able to strap him into this thing that made him look like a mummy (which he didn't care that he was in, thank goodness he is so laid back), gave him 4 shots in the lip (gross) and sewed him up. He did awesome, he is such a tough guy. Well, that was our day......we hope for a better (injury free) day!

Right after his nap
Later at night

Sorry about the boogers! :)

1 comment:

Jacki said...

I am so sorry Carson! I hope you are feeling better soon! Yeah for Mom for not passing out and getting you to the doctor!!!!

Take care and have a better day!